Gremolata Inspired Oil - For Vegetables And Pasta

Summer is usually the time when I love my kitchen the most. All the fresh vegetables avaiable inspires me in a sense that winter´s stored root vegetables don´t. This summer has been very busy though and the kitchen has seen more of my husbond than of me. Now I´m back. Starting out with a simple gremolata inspired oil. Good for steamed vegetables and for a simple pasta meal.

The bowl is from Aluminia´s "Confetti" series.
The cutting board is handmade.
The tablecloth from my shop

I hardly ever use a recipe, but here´s something for you to work on. If you start with the parsley you can work with the other ingredients untill it´s right for you.

GREMOLATA OIL

2 large handfuls of Italian parsley. Chopped fine but with a bit of structure.
1-2 minced garlic cloves - depending on the freshnes of the garlic and your taste for it
1 ½ tbs. lemon zest - use organic lemons
2-3 dl. olive oil
salt

Mix the fine chopped parsley with the minced garlic and the lemon zest. Ad oil until it has a fluid consistency but still a bit of structure.

********************************************

During the day I´ll be posting a few suggestions on how to use the oil on my Facebook page. You find it HERE


4 comments:

  1. Så lekkert, Birgitte! Gremolata er også en favoritt hos meg, så enkelt og deilig! Skjærebrettet er nydelig, formen ligner på mitt i teak. Lekker duk også:-)

    ReplyDelete

I´m so glad you left a comment!