My Vintage Garden

My garden is quite a bit more romantic than my interior. A real vintage garden. The architects of the mid century modern era wouldn´t agree with me on this point. But with my great love of colour it´s hard to stick to only green. As green in evergreen.


The garden is based on the same principles as my interior - and much of my clothes for that matter. The plants are telling a story. The Forget-me-not to the left is from my grandmothers garden. The Lilac in the top right corner is from the garden at my mother in laws cottage. Both places I´ve loved and which no longer are in the family. The Columbines are from my oldest friend. She´s a great inspiration to me. Both when it comes to garden and interior. And having known each other for 42 years ads something to a friendship. Don´t you think?

Being a real garden lover I also run a garden blog - in Danish. You find it HERE

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful flowers! I don't have a garden, but I'm always buying fresh flowers to bring some color in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flowers in the house really ads something to a home.

      Delete
  2. Så nydelig hage, Birgitte! Ekstra nydelig med historiene den har, planter fra hager og mennesker du holder av. Vakkert innlegg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tak, Tove. Jeg ved jo, at du også er glad for have ;-)

      Delete

I´m so glad you left a comment!