I like the idea that I support social work while I´m having fun buying wonderful things.
All the larger charity organisations in Denmark run a charity shop chain with shops in many towns around the country. Many of these mainly sell clothes, One only sell childrens clothes and toy due to their focus on helping single mothers (Mødrehjælpen) . But it´s not hard to find those with furniture and home decor/ housewares. You only need to know what to look for. Or a little help from a friend.......
Here are those I visit regularly - and an advice on how to find the others. In case you are going to Denmark.
- Svalerne - only open on Saturdays 10 -15: Nattergalevej 6, 2400 Copenhagen NV
- Frelsens Hær - open Tuesday - Friday 10-17 and Saturday 10-13: Hørhusvej 5, 2300 Copenhagen
- Kræftens Bekæmpelse IGEN Genbrug - open Monday - Friday 10 - 17 and Saturday 10-13: Københavnsvej 67, 4000 Roskilde
- Røde Kors - open Monday - Friday 10 - 17 and Saturday 10-14: Hovedakslen 2, 4760 Vordingborg
- Kirkens Korshærs Genbrugscenter - open Monday - Friday 11-16 and Saturday 11-14: Krondrevet 8A, 4760 Vordingborg
AND THE OTHERS
You´ll find a link list of all the charity organisations with charity shops HERE. It will direct you to the homepage of the organisation where you should look for GENBRUG or GENBRUGSBUTIKKER. Some have maps others just lists. If you particularly are looking for furniture and things for your home look for: MØBLER, NIPS and for clothes only: TØJ.